Monday, July 25, 2011

Alaska Pipeline

ALASKA PIPELINE - July 10, 2010 - Fairbanks, Alaska

JOURNALING:  We drove north of Fairbanks to visit an elevated section of pipeline.

PHOTOGRAPHS:  Matt & Angela Shetzer of Shetzers Photography {http://www.shetzers.com}

SUPPLIES USED:  Bazzill Black cardstock, DCWV World Traveler patterned paper, BasicGrey Basics white patterned paper, Cricut Expression with My World and Hey Dude cartridges, SCAL software with svg border cut, CK Deco Font, Recollections Boutique Fleur Gems, Black Diamond Stickles, Ranger Black Enamel, Doodlebug Designs Paper Frills in Black and Ladybug, Stampabilities Black ink

TECHNIQUE NOTES:  I'm not really an "industrial" look scrapper, but the hard cold steel of the pipeline in my photos just called out for that type of a layout.  I started out with a plain sheet of black cardstock for my background and added some grey patterned paper that I cut scalloped edges on to mimic the round pipeline.  I cut out pieces of an informational flyer that I had picked up and "saved" to add some interesting facts about the pipeline.  I then cut a few oil related pieces from some cricut cartridges and added some Black Diamond Stickles and Ranger's Black enamel as some imitation oil drops and I was all finished. 

Don't forget that not all photos have to be in a predetermined size such as 4 x 6.  My larger pipeline worked great as a panoramic as the sky and grass did not add much but a very long pipeline captured the feeling of the seemingly neverending pipeline.


No comments: