Friday, July 29, 2011

ISLA GAIA

ISLA GAIA - May 1, 2010 - South Padre Island, Texas

JOURNALING: Isla Gaia, a female nesting Kemp's Ridley sea turtle was released with a satellite tracker attachment to monitor her movements.  We watched her release from Isla Blanca beach. 

SUPPLIES USED:  Roam papers by K&Co, Happy Trails borders by K&Company, corner rounder by EK Success,

TECHNIQUE TIP:  OK, so I broke my own rule about having white edges exposed on my photographs.  Here I actually decided to make the white edges stand out on my photos by taking a piece of sandpaper from my wonderful hubby's toolbox and sanding the edges of my photos to leave a nice textured white edge that helps them stand out from the beige background that I chose to mat them on.  This technique works well when you have mostly dark photos such as I have here to give an added separation from the background without adding paper and bulk with matting.

Double Page layout

Page 1 Detail

Page 2 Detail

No comments: