Sunday, July 31, 2011

WE'RE OFF

WE'RE OFF - May 2, 2010 - South Padre Island, Texas

JOURNALING: Pinkie's outfit here was actually a dog's outfit.  Sandie surprised us one day!  Although we have really enjoyed our stay in South Padre Island, it is time to start the trek north.  We left early on May 2 and drove over 700 miles to overnight in a rest area just east of Van Horn, Texas. 

SUPPLIES USED:  Roam papers by K&Co, Cricut Expression, SCAL basic shapes, Flamingo svg file, Vellum letters for title, Journaling cards

TECHNIQUES TIPS:  For those of you who don't know me well, you may not know that besides my hubby and myself, we have a pink flamingo, Pinkie, that travels with us across North America.  I can't say enough how much I love my Cricut and use it at least once on almost 95% of my layouts.  I wanted this layout to showcase our silly travel companion and an even sillier outfit that a fellow camper dressed her in.  I did not have a flamingo embellishment so I set out to look for one on the internet for a svg file that I could create my own flamingo. 


No comments: