Saturday, March 12, 2011

Eagle Eye

I wanted to share the newest layout that I completed showcasing some more wonderful photos of our photography trip last year to Haines, Alaska.  While we captured some wonderful images of the Bald Eagle, I can't even begin to explain how amazing it was to be surrounded by thousands (Yes, Thousands) of chattering bald eagles. 

This page means a lot to me as it features the image that my dad picked out as his favorite.  It now graces his walls in a very large print.

EAGLE EYE - October 13, 2010 - Haines, Alaska

JOURNALING:  When I asked my Dad what his favorite Bald Eagle photo was, he selected this Eagle crying out.

PHOTOS:  Bald Eagle images by Shetzers Photography at www.shetzers.com

SUPPLIES USED:  Granola patterned paper by BasicGrey, Sketch #210 by http://sketchinspiration.ning.com/, Ranger ink - Nick Bantock charcoal grey, Rubber Stampede ink - Iris, Stampabilities Ink - Brown, Fiskars border punch, Hero Arts - Graph Stamp, Font - Showcard Gothic, Puffy Pens - blue glitter

The layout was based on this week's sketch over at Sketch Inspiration.  Its a great site with weekly sketches to challenge our creativity.  I'm not a big circle layout fan, so this one definitely challenged me!  Here is the original sketch.

2 comments:

The Scrappy Cottage said...

Great take on the sketch, gorgeous....

Unknown said...

Such a magnificent bird! Awesome photography and such a fab take on the sketch! Love it!