Thursday, March 17, 2011

OVER THE MOUNTAINS AND THROUGH THE WOODS

I finally finished my last layout of our trip through Canada to reach Alaska in July of last year.  Now I get to start on some of our wonderful Alaska Photos and continue with the Bald Eagles.  I love this paper pad from K&Company, it has such fun cutouts and papers.  Its a departure from my normal colors, but that is what makes it fun.

OVER THE MOUNTAINS AND THROUGH THE WOODS... - July 6, 2010 - Dawson City, Yukon, Canada
JOURNALING:  To continue our drive on the "TOP OF THE WORLD" highway into Alaska, we had to start out on the small ferry.  We fit - but just barely.

PHOTOGRAPHS:  Angela Shetzer of Shetzers Photography {http://www.shetzers.com}

SUPPLIES USED:  K&Company Road Trip patterned paper and embellishments, Nick Bantock's Charcoal Grey ink by Ranger, DCWV Cafe Mediterranean cardstock, Bazzill Just the Edge borders, Inkadinkado Travel Words & Road Trip stamps, Hero Arts Travel Frames stamp

TECHNIQUE NOTES:  I used a mat that I had torn the edges to ink the large borders on the photos.  I applied the ink with a sponge to give nice even coverage.  Once the ink was dry, I sanded the edges of the photos with sandpaper to distress them and help them stand out against the matting.

Here are the close up details of both pages...

No comments: