Monday, March 14, 2011

SS Graveyard

I decided to take a break from the Bald Eagles and try to finish up the last couple of remaining pages for last summer's trip to Alaska through Canada.  I have just 2 sets of double page layouts to finish up before getting into all our Alaska photos. 

I loved the sketch over at Let's Scrap this week and decided it made a great starting point for these photos.
SS GRAVEYARD - July 6, 2010 - Dawson City, Yukon, Canada

JOURNALING: It's hard to believe that this town of 1,500 was over 30,000 in 1898. The SS (Steamships) were a huge factor in the movement of people and goods but when they were obsolete, they were brought to this graveyard to slowly decay into the river. Such a sad farewell to these unique riverboats.

SUPPLIES USED: Tim Holtz Lost & Found patterned paper, Zutter Distrezz-It-All, Sizzix Tim Holtz Notebook embossing folder, Bazzill Just the Edge borders, The Paper Company Kraft cardstock, George & Basic Shapes Cricut Cartridge, My World Cricut Cartridge, Life is a Beach Cricut Cartridge, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists, Stampabilities ink, Diamond Glaze, DCWV Neutrals cardstock, Font: AKADora, Hero Arts Circular Designs stamps, 3-9-11 Sketch by Cheri ONeill at http://letsscrap.ning.com

I was so lucky to be chosen as Let's Scrap's Inspiration of the Week.  Below is a copy of the sketch in its original form.  I modified the number of photos and the journaling area to make it fit my needs a bit better.  I also decided to use some different embellishments in place of all the circles so I added some faded clocks and some ships wheels to those areas to help create the feeling I wanted in this layout.  I used Tim Holtz's Lost and Found paper collection which is one of my favorites but I always find it hard to use as it is so colorful.  I think it plays into the mood of the photos.  Let's Scrap is a great place for weekly inspiration if you like sketches, I would encourage you to become a member of their site and play along.

Sketch courtesy of Let's Scrap at http://letsscrap.ning.com
Here are the closeups of each page.






1 comment:

Valery Klassen said...

Congrats Angela: I knew as soon as I saw this layout that I had to choose it for IOTW at Let's Scrap. I loved it!