Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Our Trip

Sorry that I have been MIA for a bit, but we've been traveling quite a bit over the past few weeks. We have made the drive from South Padre Island, Texas, all the way to Asheville, North Carolina so I haven't had any scrapping time at all! :-(

The following is a layout from our time last year on South Padre Island in Texas.  To see more layouts from the Texas areas, visit my online gallery here.

Our Trip - April 2010 - South Padre Island, TexasJOURNALING: April 3 arrive.  April 29-30 Ted's visit.  May 1 Depart SUPPLIES USED:  Travel Stack by DCWV
Click on image for full size viewing

Our Trip - April 2010 - South Padre Island, Texas

JOURNALING: April 3 arrive.  April 29-30 Ted's visit.  May 1 Depart

SUPPLIES USED:  Travel Stack by DCWV, K&Company embellishments, Tim Holtz Distress Ink

TECHNIQUE TIP:  I wanted to convey the overall beach and palm tree theme throughout this layout, but didn't have one set of papers or embellishments that I thought worked.  I combined both DCWV and K&Company to come up with the perfect themed layout.  Don't be afraid to mix and match manufacturers.

No comments: