Tuesday, August 30, 2011

WONDER

WONDER - May 4, 2010 - Zion National Park, Utah

JOURNALING:  To get to our campsite in Springdale, we had to drive through the tunnel.  It was a tight fit

SUPPLIES USED: National Park paper, Best Occasions paper, K&Co Boy Scouts title

TECHNIQUE TIP:  I don't know about you, but I love to buy the most unique patterned paper but then I struggle with how to use it because "I don't want to cover it up".  Anyone else ever had that problem?  Well, this paper had a great map of Zion National Park that I wanted to use as my background, but I wanted to leave a large portion of it visible so I decided to only add two other more solid looking papers and create an interesting weave pattern to it to add some texture and dimension.  I didn't want my title "floating" on the layout, so I anchored it by placing a round journaling tag behind the O.  A couple of ribbons and butterflies on my solid paper and I accomplished my goal of having the majority of my patterned paper visible on my completed layout.


No comments: