Friday, April 8, 2011

the CHALLENGE

For some reason, my husband says that this is one of his favorite pages. I love using kraft paper and the BasicGrey collection really coordinates well with it.


THE CHALLENGE - October 26, 2010 - Haines, Alaska JOURNALING:  A Bald Eagle challenges another for the salmon catch while another flies away with his.PHOTOS:  Bald Eagle images by Shetzers Photography SUPPLIES USED:  BasicGrey Porcelain patterned paper, Kraft cardstock, Array parchment cardstock, Ranger Distress Ink in Fired Brick and Frayed Burlap, Making Memories Poppy paint, Font Tekton Pro Cond, Diamond Glaze, Ranger Stickles, JudiKins Treasure Cube Stamp, Jasmine Cricut cartridge, Sketch by PageMaps Page 117

THE CHALLENGE - October 26, 2010 - Haines, Alaska

JOURNALING: A Bald Eagle challenges another for the salmon catch while another flies away with his.

PHOTOS: Bald Eagle images by Shetzers Photography

SUPPLIES USED: BasicGrey Porcelain patterned paper, Kraft cardstock, Array parchment cardstock, Ranger Distress Ink in Fired Brick and Frayed Burlap, Making Memories Poppy paint, Font Tekton Pro Cond, Diamond Glaze, Ranger Stickles, JudiKins Treasure Cube Stamp, Jasmine Cricut cartridge, Sketch by PageMaps Page 117

TECHNIQUE TIP:  I wanted to vary my flowers a bit so I choose a multitude of centers for them.  I used my Diamond Glaze to adhere a cluster of small glass beads in two, I used some buttons (various types) on several and then I used my favorite Stickles (I'm a glitter junkie) in several.  Overall, with the variations of flower petals with various patterned paper and my centers, I think the flowers provide a nice accent to the wonderful photos that my husband took.  

No comments: